Thursday, June 26, 2008

This is why we have kids, right?

The other day Carter in the neighbor boy (nathan) wanted to wash Rutsy work van for $5 each. I thought it was great that they wanted to earn some money, but Iwasn't willing to pay $10 for a car wash I knew I was going to have to manage and most likely finish. But I did offer them some money and they happily cleaned the van. And then they offered to clean the car as well. I think they just wanted to play with the water and sprayer some more. Yes there are three people in the picture. Jessi came over and helped the boys as well.

2 comments:

Christa said...

Tyler's always asking to do things to earn money. He once said to me, "So, how much will you pay me to take out the garbage? Like $13.00." I said, "Umm, no. How bout .50." He wasn't interested in doing it after that.

Jillene said...

It's nice when they are young enough to do trivial tasks for a small amount of money. Just wait until you have a 9 year old (who understands the concept and value of money)--they are not to keen on doing jobs unless they get rewarded handsomely! (0: