Monday, March 1, 2010

Dejunking

I think Rusty is really liking this idea of us moving, because he is getting me to throw a lot of stuff away or send it off to the D.I. But then he also keeps saying, "where are we going to put all this?" "We have so much stuff." I don't feel like we have that much stuff when I look in my house, but then I think about moving and packing the garage and shed and I find myself wondering "what are we going to do with everything?" It was funny watching him this evening when he was helping me clean out a kitchen cupboard and put some boxes in the garage and he realized how many boxes of cereal I had stocked up. "When are we ever going to eat all that?", he asked. he would be surprised how fast we go through cereal. And I know he likes being able to just go out to the garage and grab a new box when one is emptied.
My goal this month is to not go grocery shopping and just live off what I already have in the house and freezer. I will probably have to make 2 trips for bread and milk, and maybe a little fruit, but i thin kit is totally possible. I will have to report at the end of the month and let you know how it goes. We have already done it for one week I'm sure 4 more shouldn't be too hard. And when it comes time to actually more everyone helping us will be glad I did it.

2 comments:

Biker5 said...

Jana does that pretty well. I definetly don't. I have issues with spending alot of money on so many things in one shopping trip. I know catch 22, cuz I'll spend more going the extra times. but anyway, good luck! let me know how it goes.

Tiff Keetch said...

I bet you will love it when you don't have to pack as many cans/boxes of food!