Saturday, March 13, 2010

Disney on Ice


So, a few weeks ago I got a call from my sister-in-law asking if I wanted to take my girls to Disney on Ice. I thought that would be fun to take Jordyn and Alexis and Rusty could stay home with Taylor. Well later I find out it is a Carter weekend. But figured he would be fine hanging out with dad and not want to see princess skating around. Well then Rusty found out he would be working 7 10 hour shifts for 3-4 weeks in March. Great. So I found a place for Carter to go. (Thanks Kristen) and figured I could handle taking Taylor with me. It would be okay there were going to be 5 adults to 7 children everything would be great.
So I told Alexis about the ice show and she wanted to ride the train, because she got to ride the train a few months ago with daddy to the Jazz Game so I thought, "sure that will be fun , let's do it." So last night I had it all figured out. I would take Carter to Kristen's and then just drive straight East to the traxx station in Midvale and we would have a nice ride downtown and be dropped off right in front of the arena. Oh, and all this time I am planning on the show starting @ 12:30 because that is the time I have been told because My mother-in-law was the one the tickets were mailed to. Well needless to say things did not go as planned. I get a call at 10:15 from my mother-in-law telling me there was a problem. She was 2 tickets short and the show starts in 45 minutes. BIG PROBLEM So I tell Lex the new dilemma. She has to make a decission, one, ride the train and be late and possibly miss Tinkerbell or Ariel, or two we drive up there in the car and get to see the whole show. Well she picked one, she really wanted to ride the train. So i pack the kids while I wait for my Sue to bring me my tickets and bring Carter home because he had slept at her house, thank goodness she took him to Kristen's for me or we would have really been late and probably missed the whole show.
Well we made it to the station and got to the arena the girls loved the train ride and really had a good time at the ice show. We only missed the first segment which was cars, and they really are into that so it worked out wonderfully. Jordyn was glued and Alexis would clap for everything and thought it was so neat. Especially when Queen Clarion came flying in up in the sky. It is so fun to watch kids at this age experience new things. I got a few shots of the girls at the show. I wish I could have had a picture or 2 of the train ride but my hands were a little full. We will definitely had to ride the train again. (Oh and a special thanks to Sheay for giving me her old Snugli. It was a life saver for today's trip.)




This is the hat that came with the $10 cotton candy they decided to buy. They had to put both there money together to buy it, but they enjoyed it and have shared very well, surprisingly.

No comments: