Sunday, March 28, 2010

The move is on

This week is the big week. It has all came up so fast. We are scheduled to move on Thursday in hopes that we will have it all done so we can go camping Friday, Saturday and Sunday for Easter weekend. And we are scheduled to sign and close on our house that following Monday. I feel like all I do it pack. I really didn't think it would take this many boxes for us to move. I obviously have way more stuff than I thought. This is a bitter sweet time in our lives. We will be sad to leave the place we have called home for the last five years as a family and more for Rusty. He was living here when we met, while we dated and during our engagement. We have had many hours of fun and project in this home as well. We acquired a hot tub, built a huge deck, finished the basement built a playground gutted the kitchen and made it into the best kitchen ever and painted every room in the house at least once. Rusty learned to tile and has become very good at it. We have had three beautiful little girls and brought them home here. They have learned to walk and talk and celebrated birthdays. Learned to ride their bikes and climb trees here as well. It will be sad to say good bye to this house, but we are just out growing it too fast.
It is going to be bitter sweet we have made friends here as well of course. I think it will be harder for Rusty than I because he not only lived here as an adult, but her grew up in this house from the age of 10 to 19. I know his brother and younger sister are also sad to see us sell the house, but it wasn't going to stay in the family forever.
I have to say I am very excited to have storage space, that is one thing we had none of here and I am excited to landscape with a clean slate. That is the one thing Rusty is the most worried about doing, but I think it will be fun. We will be moving farther away from Rusty's family, but we will be moving closer to my family and to Rusty's Nana and Grandpa Forest, and they are very excited to have us near.
I am sure the next few months will be tough and take some adjusting while we live in limbo and try not to drive grandma and grandpa Nielsen crazy, but I think it will be fun and give my kids a chance to create a bond with them at the same time.
I just hope I can make it through this week and get everything ready for the move and then I will just have to take the next little while one step at a time.

No comments: