Thursday, April 9, 2009

Look what I did!

So I got tired of waiting for Rusty to make the bunk beds and took it on myself to build them. So Saturday I went to the hardware store with the girls while Rusty was home sick and biught a bunch of wood. I brought it home and started putting some of it together that night. Then the following day while I was listening to conference I worked on it somemore while the girls were taking naps. It is nice to have projects to work on when my husband is working out of town. (good thing he doesn't work out of town very much, that could get expensive.)
Anyway, I didn't quite have all the tools I needed so I took my project to my parents house so my dad could help me drill the holes throuhg my post. (thank you dad) Then I took it home and have done a little work on it each day since and I finally finished it today and moved it up to the girls room. Jordyn is actually sleeping on it right now. I am just deciding if I should paint or stain it.

8 comments:

Krystal said...

dang, gina! Look at you go! That turned out awesome! I would suggest just staining the wood, it already looks so nice. Good job!

Christa said...

I consider myself resource, independent and creative. However, I would probably never take on a project like this by myself. Good work!

Tiff Keetch said...

Nice work! Maybe I should attack our "honey do" list...

Kristen said...

Seriously I am so proud of you! That turned out so DANG cute!!! I wish my brain worked like your because I would never dare attempt half of the things that you so effortlessly do!

nanalois said...

Wow! What a gal. Can't believe how talented you are. Looks great.
Loved the Easter pics. Nana

Biker5 said...

I'm super jealous of your brain and talents! That bed is way cute! Brains, looks, personality.. You've got it all.

Kacy said...

Way to go Kristen. Pretty impressive. I don't think I would dare attempt it. However if I wanted it done I would have to do it myself as well.

Allison said...

You ROCK!! I can't even hammer a nail into a piece of wood. . I once went to Lowe's with the boys and attempted one of their crafts, A fire truck, which consisted of hammering a couple pieces together. It was a disaster!! They look awesome. You inspire me.... to always bring my projects to you!! I could use some bunk beds. Maybe you could send David some instructions.